Please note that you are limited to one application during the recruitment period as we ask you to think ahead of what office and service line you are most interested in.
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice helps clients to address their most pressing concerns including continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, deliver bottom-line improvements and enhance quality and service levels.
Our Healthcare & Life Sciences practice is looking for a 4 month intern/co-op student to join our Halifax team starting September 2023 to support operations improvement, care system re-design, digital health and workforce engagements working directly with senior leadership and clients across the Healthcare industry. Positions are available in the following service lines:
What you will do
- Healthcare Operations
- Digital Health
- Working with senior KPMG leaders to enhance and working cross-functionally within the Management Consulting practice to integrate the full health and life sciences service offerings
- Operational Excellence
- Digital Health
- Care System Redesign (large scale transformation like policy, shared services, organizational redesign / restructuring, etc.)
- Advanced Analytics
- Support clients realize and achieve strategic objectives through potential initiatives like:
- Cost-Optimization / Cost Take-Out
- Clinical operational service delivery reviews and redesign
- Health services planning
- Health systems planning
- Workforce optimization
- Clinical Program Reviews and assessment
- Clinical Process Redesign across the care continuum
- Care transformation through digital strategy and enablement
- Digital ecosystem and infrastructure modernization
- Clinical Information System implementation support and assurance
- Drive business development through various activities including proposals, network events and other key activities
What you bring to the role
- Travel may be required when safe to do so
- You are enrolled in a university degree program (we will be considering candidates from a spectrum of programs such as, but not limited to, health informatics, health administration, business, commerce, science, engineering, arts). Candidates graduating between December 2023 and August 2026 should apply.
FOR CONSULTANT LEVEL:
- You are a highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial drive and enthusiasm to take on a variety of challenges and opportunities
- You have a strong academic record
- You have the ability to work independently without supervision and have a strong sense of personal accountability
- You are a self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- You have strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to clearly identify and define problems, as well as develop creative solutions to address client requirements
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders in a way that is honest, consistent, and clear
- You excel in a collaborative team environment to execute on quality project deliverables
- Knowledge of the healthcare system in Canada including healthcare policies, healthcare technologies, health system design, and service delivery models and trends is considered a strong asset
- Experience with operations improvement is considered a strong asset
- Experience with data analytics and analysis is considered a strong asset
FOR SENIOR CONSULTANT LEVEL:
- You have 3-5 years of professional experience in healthcare and life sciences operational excellence, management consulting, strategy or policy development
- Healthcare operations experience in relevant roles such as health informatics, health administration, clinical program management, policy development, regional health system leader and/or clinical experience is considered a strong asset and/or preferred
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare system in Canada is preferred, including healthcare policies, healthcare technologies, health system design, and service delivery models and trends
- You have experience with operations improvement including strong clinical workflows and operational processes across the care continuum
- LEAN and other Process Redesign experience supported by current and relevant experience leading process redesign engagements in the last 5 years is an asset
- Strong Project and Program management experience to support results is preferred
- You have experience with data analytics and analysis to support all deliverables associated with operational excellence and process redesign
- You have experience leading and managing teams including training, coaching and mentoring to build internal capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working with executive healthcare leaders including C-suites
- You have planned and tracked projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions. You can deliver training and coaching to employees at all levels of the client organization to build internal capabilities. You have superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with client stakeholders, work closely in a collaborative team environment and lead teams and project deliverables.
Keys to your success
- Passion for delivering high quality services and achieving client satisfaction
- Thrives in challenging environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, as demonstrated by strong internal or client references
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and should include:
- Cover letter
- Electronic copy of your most recent transcript and/or GPA
- Other relevant documents (i.e. GMAT score)
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.