Are you excited about the prospect of joining a start-up organization on the ground floor? Interested in being a part of the changing skies in Canada and beyond? Want to work with world-class leaders who have extensive industry know-how? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are seeking a new grad Aviation Internto join our team.Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive in a fast-paced environment!
WHO WE ARE:
Let your career fly with Lynx Air, Canada's newest ultra-affordable airline. Our mission is to make air travel accessible for all, by offering low-cost, safe and customer-first flying experiences. With airfares sky-high in Canada, we're here to change the game!
Our brand-new fleet of Boeing 737 MAX planes will take Canadians to select Canadian and USA destinations at an ultra-affordable price point and we're excited to be building our team that will help us get there. With backing from prominent investors, we're poised to revolutionize the Canadian airline industry.
Join our team and be part of the changing skies of Canadian aviation!
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Aviation Intern. In this role, you will work closely with various departments to assist with daily operational tasks, marketing, research and analysis, and administrative tasks. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the airline industry and develop valuable skills in various areas, including airline operations, marketing, and business. Additionally, you may have the opportunity to support other departments such as finance, human resources, or information technology, providing assistance and support as needed.Ideally, the successful candidate will find an area of the business that is of mutual interest to them and the organization to find a full-time role at the completion of the internship.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support the airline's head office operations by working with various departments to coordinate schedules, resolve operational issues, and ensure compliance with regulations
- Conduct research and analysis, including analyzing flight data, tracking trends, and identifying areas for improvement in the airline's operations, customer service, and marketing efforts
- Support administrative tasks, including filing, record-keeping, and other administrative tasks to help ensure that the airline's operations run smoothly
- Provide support for other departments, including finance, human resources, or information technology, to provide support and assistance as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite products
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Adaptable and able to switch tasks quickly and with ease
- Excellent judgement
- Aviation or airline post-secondary schooling is considered a strong asset but not a requirement
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Industry competitive salary
- The chance to be part of building something from the ground up. Aggressive growth plans of the organization mean there is no limit to how far you can grow your career with the organization
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment. You bring your great ideas, and we will put them to action
- Comprehensive benefits
- The opportunity to travel where we fly
We're an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that places value on the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all applicants who meet the requirements for the role to apply.
Interviews will be commencing right away, so don’t hesitate and apply today to be part of Canada’s changing aviation landscape! Cover letters are not required.