Summer Intern, Member Relations, Advocacy & Communications (Editorial)
4-Month Contract (May 2023 - August 2023)
Are you looking to expand your skills and be part of an organization that is committed to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles of Humility, Accountability, Collaboration, Courage, and Integrity? Do you hold high the values of being respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent? Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers? Then join the Ontario Medical Association’s Member Relations, Advocacy & Communications department.
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health-care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
The OMA has moved to a permanent hybrid work environment. As such, the individual in this position will be required to work a minimum number of days in our Toronto office.
You Will Make a Difference By
- Supporting the production of various communications and content channels such as OMA News, the association’s weekly newsletter, the Ontario Medical Review quarterly magazine, video and podcast production as well as other content channels.
- Meeting with internal stakeholders to flesh out content ideas/proposals and create content.
- Supporting the generation of new content for member-facing channels.
Requirements That Are Important to Us
- Undergraduate education in journalism, public relations/corporate communications, digital media or related field.
- Knowledge of news and feature writing, editing, proofreading, interviewing and research
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program and returning to school for the subsequent fall semester to be eligible for consideration
What Do We Have to Offer You?
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA
- Friendly and flexible hybrid work environment
- Work with one of Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn--
Please Note: The deadline for submissions of applications is February 24th, 2023
The Ontario Medical Association is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.