Summer Intern, Governance
4-Month Contract (May 2023 - Aug 2023)
Are you looking to expand your skills and be part of an organization that is committed to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles of Humility, Accountability, Collaboration, Courage, and Integrity? Do you hold high the values of being respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent? Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers? Then join the Ontario Medical Association’s Governance department.
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
The OMA has moved to a permanent hybrid work environment. As such, the individual in this position will be required to work a minimum number of days in our Toronto office.
The Student Intern will have the opportunity to contribute to special projects impacting the constituency governance review and providing data analytics support. The internship activities will contribute to the positive member experience by providing support to participating physician leaders.
You Will Make a Difference By
- Providing analysis and support to the work to develop standardized charters for OMA constituency groups, ensuring alignment with OMA governance requirements, providing analysis and information management as needed.
- Data collection and database management as it relates to information relevant to the constituency governance review, preparing presentations, summaries, and analysis, as required, for the director and senior management.
- Working collaboratively with staff in other OMA departments, including the constituency services team, regional managers, governance, legal and member services to educate and communicate on governance transformation deliverables.
- Liaising and communicating with constituency chairs and /or the constituency executives, responding to requests and initiating contacts, managing the delivery of information, and providing background information, as directed.
- Supporting the consultation process with physician leaders to develop recommendations around how to enhance engagement of all constituency groups in the new governance structure, providing key information to participants and managing meeting logistics as needed.
Requirements That Are Important to Us
- University background in policy, public administration/health administration, change management or equivalent.
- Knowledge in health policy, governance-based transformation, attention to detail, strong communication skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program and returning to school for the subsequent Fall semester to be eligible for consideration.
What Do We Have to Offer You?
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA
- Friendly and flexible hybrid work environment
- Work with one of Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn--
Please Note: The deadline for submissions of applications is February 21st, 2023
The Ontario Medical Association is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.