As the technological spin-off ofSolar Impulse, the first electric airplane to fly around the world, the mission of H55, is tomake aviation clean, safe, and affordable.
The company’s strengths and competencies lie in developingpropulsion and energy storage solutionswhich aremodular, lightweight, and certifiable.
H55 is financed by a reputable group of investors from Silicon Valley and Switzerland, and as such, is well positioned for its next stage of its development. The company’s short-term priorities include building up out of engineering team, putting into place production facilities, and developing further a north American subsidiary.
About the role
H55 Canada is looking for an energetic, motivated, and dedicated Intern with good communication and writing skills. As an intern, your responsibilities will includeassisting the project manager in managing schedules, documentation, and project deliverable. You'll also have a hand in identifying risks, constraints, issues, and dependencies. We offer an opportunity to work in an enterprise environment focused on the achievement of managing and completing projects that align with the H55 strategic goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist senior project manager in overseeing schedules and milestone management.
- Obtain weekly project status from all team members.
- Use project management software.
- Implement and improve the project management mechanisms.
- Prepare and assist in project documentation.
- Document resource needs and availability.
- Organize and schedule team meetings.
- Identify project scope, risks, constraints, dependencies, assumptions, and deadlines.
- Keep track of the project costs.
- Provide consistent updates on the project to all stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress and help in adjustments.
- Measure the project performance to suggest areas of improvement.
- An ungraduate student currently enrolled in a Bachelor program with a focus on project management or management in technology or industrial engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Prior work experience in coordinating or managing projects is preferred.
- Have an academic level of written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills to actively listen, communicate in ways that foster trust and show flexibility.
- Team spirit and the ability to work with a group of diverse people, provide recognition and reward.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment under deadline pressures.
- Ability to manage own workload independently, multi-task, and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrate leadership, diplomacy, and motivational skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, research, and multitasking skills.
- Perform other project management related task and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to meeting you!
At H55, you will work with a very forward-looking team who are changing the paradigms of air transportation. H55 is composed of highly experienced engineers, entrepreneurs and managers and is seeking like mind talented professionals who understand how to couple creativity and innovation with technical and business considerations.
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of nationality, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.