Event Internship at Redstone Agency (Unpaid)
What does the opportunity include?
- Join a world-class team with a corporate culture like no other! People are our priority. We want you to bring your whole self to work each day.
- Learn and advance within a rapidly growing agency! We value career growth and development by investing in you.
- You will have a lot of responsibility and be challenged daily! You have the freedom to provide input and make your clients’ organizations better.
- The scale and scope of what Redstone does will surprise you! The rapid pace of change makes it imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we serve our clients.
Sound like Redstone might be the right place for you? Keep reading…What your team does:
Redstone is an industry-leading agency focused on delivering outsourced services to not-for-profit professional and trade associations. These services include consulting, event design & strategy planning, venue selection & destination management, budget management, registration management, program & abstract management, speaker management, event marketing & communications, supplier & logistics coordination, sponsor & exhibitor management, digital and hybrid event management, in-person event management, and so much more!What you’ll do:
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- Research and testing of technology and new digital event platforms
- Conduct technology platform demos, assist in selections, prepare reports on recommendations
- Create and develop documents such as critical paths, run of shows, speaker guides and presentations
- Supplier sourcing
- Assist event registration and on-going communication with event attendees
- Onsite virtual or hybrid event execution
- Attend committee meetings, board meetings, and conference calls and Redstone team meetings
- Detailed minute taking at meetings or during conference calls
- Draft and coordinate marketing initiatives including but not limited to e-blasts, and call campaigns; manage website updates
- Completion of other tasks essential to the successful delivery of events according to scope and/or at request
Serious bonus points if:
- You are excited about the idea of doing meaningful work and have an eagerness to learn, grow, and contribute to Redstone and our clients’ success
- You are currently enrolled in a program with an Event Management focus or related field
- You are required to complete a mandatory placement for school
- You have the ability to juggle priorities and adapt in a busy and ever-changing environment, balancing multiple projects, managing multiple, concurrent events and adhering to strict deadlines
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and pay strong attention to detail
- You are comfortable testing new technology, new event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs
- You have the ability to work outside of regular working hours as required, including extended hours, holidays and weekends during busy periods and peak seasons
- You have strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise, integrity and professionalism
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently
- You have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with PowerPoint and Outlook
Redstone life and culture:
- You have experience working at an Agency, and/or the Events and Association Management industry
- You have digital event experience
- You are bilingual in English / French
We’re a full-service boutique agency with a growing team, which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility, be challenged daily, and will work side-by-side with the senior leadership. As a team, we work hard, are client-focused, and like to have fun. We provide our team with opportunities to expand their skillsets while supporting our association clients in diverse industries such as real estate, property, law, post-secondary education, healthcare, city planning, and sponsorship marketing, just to name a few.
Everything we do stems from our “Core Four” values: People, Trust, Impact, and Extra Mile
. They are the foundation behind every decision and action we take as a company, within our team and alongside our clients.Be yourself. We like it that way:
At Redstone, we are committed to fostering and cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that a culture that celebrates EDI creates a better work environment and enables us to deliver outstanding services to our clients. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We value building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views and embrace the characteristics that makes our team unique.
Thank you for your interest, however, due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted with next steps.Please note this is an unpaid position