About The Role
The Swiss Re Corporate Solutions business is looking for a pro-active, highly motivated and results oriented individual to join the team. Located in Toronto, your focus would be on underwriting, new business prospecting, and special projects. Given the Corporate Solutions business covers a wide range of lines of business, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad network inside and outside the firm. Further, you would be exposed to multiple areas of focus within insurance, resulting in a well-rounded experience.You Will Have The Opportunity To
About The Team
- Analyze and assess risk exposures in the Financial Products business unit, primarily focused on E&O and Executive Risks.
- Build account summaries for new and renewal business
- Participate in client calls alongside the underwriting team
- Attend team meetings and engage/support team strategy
- Support the Head of FinPro & Casualty on special projects as they are presented throughout the work term
This position is part of the FinPro & Casualty team, reporting directly to the Head of the business unit. The team consists of 3 team leaders in Casualty, Executive Risks and E&O. Additionally, there are 12 underwriters and a Product Underwriter within the team. These business leaders manage their respective portfolios with strong support from their underwriting teams. Together with our regional network in New York and our global network in Zurich, we ensure that our clients can access our global network of experts when required.About You
- You are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in a business-related field (BBA, Commerce) and have a clear interest in the Insurance industry
- You have a strong mathematical and analytical aptitude and enjoy problem-solving and solutioning
- You like using your strong communication skills to work with and collaborate with diverse teams, but also do not mind the opportunity for some independent work
- You thrive working under pressure, handling multiple tasks and priorities in an often changing and/or ambiguous environment.
- You're actively seeking to learn and develop, particularly with a focus in insurance and underwriting.
This role will run for the duration of the Summer 2024 semester (May-Aug).About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.Keywords