Hybrid Work Environment
(3 days in office, 2 days remote with flexible hours)
Downtown Toronto, Outside of Union Station (TTC & GO accessible)
A Great Place to Work
Who We Are
Kinross is a Canadian-based global senior gold mining company with operations and projects in the United States, Brazil, Mauritania, Chile and Canada. Our focus on delivering value is based on our four core values of Putting People First, Outstanding Corporate Citizenship, High Performance Culture, and Rigorous Financial Discipline. Kinross maintains listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbol:K) and the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:KGC).
Mining responsibly is a priority for Kinross, and we foster a culture that makes responsible mining and operational success inseparable. In 2021, Kinross committed to a greenhouse gas reduction action plan as part of its Climate Change strategy, reached approximately 1 million beneficiaries through its community programs, and recycled 80% of the water used at our sites. We also achieved record high levels of local employment, with 99% of total workforce from within host countries, and advanced inclusion and diversity targets, including instituting a Global Inclusion and Diversity Leadership Council.
Eager to know more about us? Visit Home - Kinross Gold Corporation
Purpose of Role
The Gold Rush Corporate Internship Program is an opportunity for students who are enrolled in a related program who want to excel in the mining industry. This program will have opportunities working closely with many departments in the Kinross Corporate office and mine sites, gaining real-world experience in an exciting, dynamic field.
In This Role, You Can Expect
- To gain hands-on experience working for one of the world’s largest gold-mining companies, where the work you will be doing truly has an impact
- Acquire in-depth experience with an Enterprise ERP (JD Edwards) and BI reporting tools
- To work with highly qualified teammates and leadership
- The opportunity to work side-by-side with skilled professionals
- Assist with Supply Chain Policy and governance processes, including support for the Supplier Due Diligence Portal
- Work with the Procure-to-Pay processes, procedures and systems
- Involvement with KPI reporting, data analysis and performance management
- Basic project management
- Provide support to the global category management team.
- Provide support for other supply chain functions as needed
Education and Experience
- Pending university/college degree in Business, Supply Chain or related fields ideal.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills including a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work with information technology systems
- Organized and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive matters and confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team and cross-functional environments
- Knowledge of reporting tools an asset
- Understanding of basic inventory management and contract management an asset
- Previous customer service experience and/or understanding of concepts an asset
Additional Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience in a corporate environment is an asset
- Basic knowledge of supply chain management and related challenges is an asset
- Proven ability to learn quickly with a high level of problem solving
- Experience working with others and communicating effectively
Our Approach to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in alignment with our health and safety standards, all Kinross Gold Corporation employees working from the Toronto office must be fully vaccinated with at least two doses of an approved vaccine. If offered this position, you must show proof of vaccination prior to being hired. Masks are not currently mandated in the office, however, employees are encouraged to wear a mask if they are more comfortable doing so. Kinross reserves the right to update its vaccination policy/requirements at any time at its sole discretion.