Are you looking to launch your career in a caring, collaborative, values-driven workplace with inspiring teammates and leaders? Do you have the ambition and desire to be the best and thrive at the most impactful global insurance provider in the world? Look no further than Zurich Canada.
Zurich Canada is currently looking for a post-secondary student for an Internship/Coop position to provide support with various projects and tasks to support business initiatives.
You will work under direct supervision and perform requested tasks alongside experienced professionals. This opportunity is a part of our Winter internship program and are also open to Co-op students.
This specific internship position will support an underwriting function at Zurich Canada and is a unique opportunity to build your knowledge and experience for the future in a supportive environment where your voice matters.What You Will Do
In one of these roles you will:
You will learn:
- Provide general project support.
- Support daily activities of the department.
- Ability to work individually or in a team, and follow directions from your Manager/Mentor.
- In some cases, field work and interacting with customers or clients will be required
- Some interns may need to help the company with in-depth research and filing of records.
What You Bring To The Table
- Insurance/Business fundamentals
- Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Collaboration skills
- Time management skills
- Relationship management skills
- Currently enrolled in a university program, and will be enrolled in the upcoming Semester, ideally entering 3rd or 4th year
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in a customer focused environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Self-motivated, punctual, professional and able to work independently
Make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported. Love what you do. Work for us.
- At Zurich, we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging (DEIB). We want you to bring your whole self to work, and we want our employees to be reflective of the communities in which we live and work. Our DIEB initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome.
- We have a collaborative culture where diversity of thought is valued. We value your input and strive to give our employees the tools they need to make an impact.
- We care about our communities. Our communities are where our customers, people, and shareholders live and work. While we can be proud of the contribution to society Zurich makes through our core business of insurance, we must also give back to our communities through our talent, time and resources.
- We have won numerous awards for our workplace culture. We are proud to be one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and to have received Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award.
Zurich Canada is part of the Zurich Insurance Group, a multi-line insurer with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide serving customers in global and local markets. Zurich Canada has been a leading insurance provider serving mid-sized and large companies, including multinational corporations, in the Canadian commercial market for 100 years. With over 550 employees in offices across the country, Zurich offers the global strength of a top insurance provider combined with in-depth knowledge of industries and local markets. Zurich Canada aspires to be risk management professionals’ first choice as their premier partner to help meet the risk challenges of today and tomorrow. Read more at www.zurichcanada.com.