Material planning internship
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be involved in supply chain management activities and material planning process improvement initiatives for the Energy Distribution business in Italy.
Reporting to the Material & Production Planning Manager, you will have the possibility to be involved in day by day operations support as well as contributing in improvement projects, including participation in Logistics 4.0 program.
- Involvement in planning process execution like: stock level monitoring, purchase orders releasing and adjustment, vendors’ performance monitoring and expediting.
- Active participation in improvement projects focused on supply chain effectiveness enhancement:
- - Planning parameters optimization to improve inventory turns
- - Material replenishment strategies based on segmentation and supply parameters.
- - Sales & operations planning enhancement.
- - Monitoring and analytics tool development to support decision taking
- A Master Degree in Management Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Economics/Business Administration
- Interest in the logistics, transportation and supply chain management in multinational manufacturing environment
- Curiosity towards innovation and the potential offered by digitalization
- Results orientation, respect for deadlines, teamwork, good communication skills and courage
- Fluency in Italian and English, both written and spoken
- The following points will be considered a plus:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel (Macros and Pivot)
- Knowledge of data analysis and business intelligence tools (SQL, access, Power BI or similar) and knowledge of programming language as vba, vb.net, c# or similar
- Familiarity with SAP
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members)
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
For further info: Letizia Breviario, Talent Partner
ABB Data Privacy Statement: