Req Id: 415450
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Communications Intern, Temporary, Bell Media
Location: 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Temporary - Full Time (6 months contract): 37.5 hours weekly. Monday to Friday daytime schedule
Posting Date: November 14, 2023
Closing Date: November 21, 2023
The Bell Media Communications team is looking for a communications intern to provide support for internal and external communications initiatives for some of its priority original and acquired programs across multiple brands. This role will mainly support the Crave portfolio, along with supporting digital and B2B communications for Bell Media.
You can expect to:
- Gain real work experience that result in tangible collateral pieces for your professional portfolio
- Be mentored by industry professionals
- Work closely with the marketing, creative, digital, brand partnership, and social media teams
- Develop contacts among members of the media
- Exercise your creative muscles in website curation, design, and editorial content
- Advance your knowledge of marketing communications and data analysis
Your tasks will include:
- Support and execute social media strategies for Crave PR and The Lede’s platforms
- Writing and editing communications materials (e.g. press releases, screener emails, blog posts, etc.)
- Assist with the curation and content editing of Bell Media’s daily newsletter: Today’s Lede Stories
- Create and populate content on The Lede, (e.g. photo assets, screeners, etc.), using Wordpress
- Daily media monitoring of programs and brands
- Draft reports, for media coverage and web performance
- Supporting communications team with aspects of event/press day planning
- Additional duties as assigned
- Enrolled or graduated in a University/College program specializing in communications, public relations, journalism, digital marketing, or related field
- Exceptional communications skills
- A passionate interest for a career in entertainment communications
- Commitment to learning
- Demonstrated professionalism in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Track record for meeting tight deadlines
- Acknowledged as a resourceful fact finder
- Must have computer software knowledge and experience in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work under terms of confidentiality
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Position Level: Unifor 723M
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile (Office attendance required: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
Contact Name: Sylvie Gauthier
Application Deadline: 11/21/2023
For Workways profiles that are ‘Mobile’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto