Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 124360
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax and Legal (T&L) Practice at Deloitte.
What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Tax Analyst at Deloitte you will:
- Develop experience in a broad range of fully integrated tax service lines
- Team in an open, creative, dynamic, collaborative environment, where leaders listen and good ideas are welcomed
- Work in a flexible and friendly setting
- Engrain yourself in a culture that fosters excellence – a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead
- Learn on the job, online and in the classroom and from professionals and inspiring leaders
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
About the team
You will be a part of the world’s largest professional services network working to provide clients with the confidence to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment and to create the future of Tax &Legal. Good news for you. Tax & Legal is the most global of all Deloitte businesses and recognized as one of the leaders in our industry by the top reporting and ranking agencies and as one of the best places to work. Our Canadian Tax and Legal Practice includes over 1,300 professionals across the country. The Canadian Tax Practice includes the following service lines: Business Tax, R&D and Government Incentives (Gi3), International Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Transfer Pricing, US Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Global Employer Services, Immigration Assignment Services and Deloitte Tax Law.
At Deloitte, your career path is flexible. You will support organizations of all sizes and in different industries to help them structure business transactions and perform better. Your initial role will provide you with a variety of experience in many aspects of the Tax practice:
- Global employer services:Global workplace has brought risk sensitivity for both employers and employees. Our Global Employer Services (GES) Team advises small and large organizations with both global and domestic workforces on compliance and consulting matters such as Canadian and foreign personal income taxes, social security obligations, cross border payroll, compensation strategies, relocation policy development, etc. Our GES specialists across Canada are available to ensure tax planning and compliance requirements are met while offering a broad range of cost-effective, value-added tax planning that recognizes each country's unique economic and cultural environment.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Demonstrated leader, who takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- Experience with MS office suite
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Our Vancouver and Calgary offices are hiring!
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Planand theBlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.