A Little Bit About Us
As a company made up of pet owners, we believe that pets and people are better together. If you share our passion for pets and you're looking for a career where you can take ownership, collaborate and contribute to challenging, satisfying and meaningful work, then you are the type of person we want at Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada. We are a leader in the pet care and pet nutrition industry, producing Canada’s best loved brands including Alpo ®, Beneful ®, Beyond ®, Dog Chow ®, Cat Chow ®, Fancy Feast®, Friskies®, Tidy Cats®, Pro Plan®, Purina ONE® and many more. Join us in enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them.
Business areas: Nestle Purina PetCare
Job title: eCommerce Intern
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
We are looking for an eCommerce Intern based at our Mississauga location for the months of May to August 2024. The eCommerce intern will support our eCommerce associate and analyst in their day-to-day projects and will lead specific tasks that are crucial to the eCommerce team and its projects.A day in the life of an eCommerce Intern
As an ecommerce intern, you will support the analytic team in the creation of performance reports and bring your insights for the identification of area improvements. As an intern, you will be responsible for the below areas:eCommerce Analysis
eCommerce Merchandising & Content
- Support the ecommerce analyst in promotion campaigns follow-up (OMNI accounts + Amazon)
- Gather key information required to ensure the follow-up
- Identify main KPI and create reports
- Bring your recommendations
- Participate in the implementation of new ecommerce projects
- Assist with eComm site audits & validation
- Work on benchmarking
- Benchmark to Nestle Canada and Purina US
- Audit of new ecommerce trends
What will make you successful?
- Provide their opinion as a designer during eCommerce projects
- Participate in various web projects that may require conceptualization or visual design
- Assist eCommerce specialists in the conceptualization of eCommerce promotions
- Assisting with product content – optimizing product pages for 300+ SKUs, learning/integrating search best practices
- Digital Shelf portfolio maintenance – adding innovations, removing discos, share of search & content integrity reporting
- Assist with Amazon product expansion and analysis of opportunities
- Retouch visuals built in an external agency
As the successful candidate, you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. Pro-activity, tenacity and enthusiasm are essential. You will also:
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting eCommerce career you’ve always wanted.
- Currently undergoing a university degree in business, with a preference in marketing, digital or eBusiness
- Digital marketing background – online media, search, google analytics
- Strong Excel/ PowerPoint skills
- Experience with data analysis
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to multi-task many projects at once
- Some creative experience is a nice to have – ie. Photoshop, web dev.
What You Need To Know
What can we offer in return? Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company. You will also receive developmental feedback throughout your work-term to ensure that you are learning and understanding the importance of eCommerce within the world’s largest food company. You will also build your business acumen and leadership capabilities and support your development and long-term success.We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application. Applications close on October 9th.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.