Co-Op/Intern Content Developer
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
Term length: 8 or 12 months starting January 2024
About the Team
We have created some amazing software at Kinaxis, and we need some key people to help us create knowledge assets so our ecosystem can learn from experts, adopt the RapidResponse tool, and build expertise. Training assets, best practices, white papers, in-product help, and advocacy content are all key opportunities for this role.
Your contribution will be recognized and valued as we understand that developing and producing quality content is key to our success at Kinaxis. This is a unique role, where you will have an opportunity to develop content assets that will be used across all areas of the company, with customers, and partners.
The content development is part of the Kinaxis Global Customer Care organization.
What you will do
- Tap into your well-honed skills in writing and curating content, to lead, create, contribute to, or support content development activities
- Perform a needs analysis, plan outlines, and follow defined methodologies to develop content.
- Draft, edit, proof-read, and test online/offline materials such as; in-product help and technical documentation, training content (all audiences), customer case studies, corporate presentations, product videos, white papers, blog content, and so forth.
- Create content that will be used in digital, self-paced, and in person formats
- Build training videos and eLearning on various topics (such as RapidResponse, supply chain management, sales, or customer stories)
- Follow content templates for the more formal content assets, but also develop content where there is no template defined
- May perform additional projects upon request
What we are looking for
- University Degree or College Diploma in Technical Writing, English Literature or Linguistics, Corporate Communications, Journalism or other related field
- Self-starter and proactive, who is passionate about creating excellent content
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Comfortable taking initiative on projects
- Attention to detail, comfortable reviewing content
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate effectively, especially in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of knowledge assets as a technical documentation, courseware, or marketing writer
- Knowledge of content creation software, such as MadCap Flare
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of multimedia creation and editing, using tools such as Articulate/Rise Camtasia, Snagit, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, and Audacity
- Familiarity with content curation tools and version management
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to submit a portfolio of their work
Things That Would Definitely Help
- Experience in the Supply Chain Management field is an asset
- Experience in the software industry is an asset