Operations & Maintenance Co-op
This is a 12-month internship and is based out of our Dressing’s factory in Rexdale, Ontario
(195 Belfield Rd, Etobicoke, ON, M9W 1G8). You must be able to work full time from OCT 2022 to OCT 2023.
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.Background & Purpose of the Job
Be a part of the 170K global employees that make Unilever one of the best companies in the world to work for! Forbes has listed Unilever as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and Wayup rated Unilever’s internship program in the top 20. One of our 400 brands is used daily by more than 2.5 billion people globally! We are looking for outstanding talent to join our factory team.Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Assist Manufacturing Manager in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) planning and coordinating activities
- Provide support to shift and maintenance supervisor in help tracking training progress of new hires and coordinate training plan
- Be an active member of the factory engagement team to coordinate plant team building with HR
- Support maintenance supervisor in CMMS inputs, validation and implementation for the site
- Maintain and update CMMS, plan, schedule and follow-up on maintenance activities
- Advance the digital agenda in maintenance by providing the trades with assistance, training and support
- Organize, maintain and create audit binders for maintenance and support factory audits
- Lead and organize plant planned shutdown activities with maintenance supervisor and other departments
- Initiate and implement digital waste tracking system for the site
The purpose of the Intern Program is to introduce you to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers you the opportunity to lead a project and build your knowledge
During your 12-month internship, you will develop your leadership style and strengthen your analytical skillsYou’re a dot connector:
You bridge our current Supply Chain practices to the future with innovative ideas and solutions.You’re a story teller:
You will experience life in a Unilever factory and will become the voice to future Unilever talent.You lead & inspire bold creative work:
You will have an active role in employee relations programs in your factory and drive positive employee relations through various reward and recognition programs.You love to win and have fun doing it:
You will have the opportunity to have fun, get your voice heard and impact real changeWhat You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3rd or 4th year Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Student
- Can Work with minimal supervision and an initiator
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Related experience in a technical / manufacturing environment is an asset but not required.
- Able to contribute to a team-oriented environment and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Safety and quality minded
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com
. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com
. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.