Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your Opportunity
offices are looking for a Co-op or Intern, Data & Analytics
to join the BDO Lixar
team from May to August 2024
and own the following responsibilities:
- Play an integral role in our delivery practice as we execute on enterprise level engagements through our various industry specializations
- Engage directly with clients and drive the implementation and successful end user experience of analytics solutions.
- Analyze business processes and requirements, and assist in maintaining documentation including requirements, design, and user documentation
- Develop and manage Analytics solutions as part of client data solutions
How do we define success for your role?
Your Experience And Education
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
- Candidate for Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Prior experience developing using the Microsoft stack of technologies is not required but is considered an asset. Technologies include but are not limited to Core SQL, Python, SQL Azure, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Apache Spark
- Strong attention to the quality of work delivered (attention to detail)
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2023. This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
Giving back adds up:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.Total rewards that matter:
We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.Everyone counts:
We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.Flexibility:
All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It’s about creating work experiences that meet everyone’s needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.Ready to make your mark at BDO?
Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our