Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
Internships @ Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple, we offer 4 to 8-month internships that are open to co-op and non-co-op students, recent grads, and career changers. During your remote-first internship, you will be able to contribute to projects that are changing the landscape of financial services for Canadians. You will be on a team that supports your growth and provides mentorship while also connecting to the broader Wealthsimple community!
The Data Science & Engineering (DSE) team consists of data scientists and software engineers with diverse educational backgrounds such as math, operations research, economics, computer science, engineering and business. The team is responsible for enabling data-driven decision-making and building data products at Wealthsimple. We achieve these goals by:
- Building a high-quality and scalable state-of-the-art data warehouse that powers all decision-making
- Leveraging machine learning and algorithms to help Wealthsimple build smarter financial products
- Using decision science to understand the cause and effect of our business decisions
We're looking for people who:
- Are driven to ship frequently
- Take ownership in working on projects to successful completion
- Enjoy tackling new, complex challenges on a regular basis
- Are comfortable with self-directed learning
- Believe that debate, inclusivity and transparency result in better products
- Are eager to learn from your team and others. We value making one another successful!
Things you should know about our tech before applying:
- Familiarity with Python, SQL
- Basic understanding of statistics: either frequentist and Bayesian approaches
- Basic understanding of fundamental machine-learning algorithms: regression and decision trees
- First-hand experience working with popular Python libraries such as Pandas, scikt-learn, numpy and Jupyter
- Excellent communicator
What you can expect from the interview process 👀
- First Interview: 45-minute technical interview (in your language of choice) with one interviewer
- Second Interview: 1-hour interview with a hiring manager where you will be walking through a project review
- Last Stage: Offer! 🎉
🤑 Competitive Salary with retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 Generous vacation days and unlimited sick and mental health days
🎉 Intern programming including educational workshops, hackathons, and mentorship
🌎A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
What past interns have said about their experience at Wealthsimple:
"I absolutely loved the term here and had a great chance to learn new things and meet many amazingly talented people! I also really appreciated the mentorship program, having someone who was an alumni from my school+program was a great chance to learn more and help plan my career and academic journey!"
"The other interns were really a highlight as well as all of the things that y'all planned for us. I also would say my own team really made me feel at home and welcomed. I love the codebase and engineering tools a lot and will miss it!"
"Lot of autonomy and trust from teammates; In-person office experience allowed for a lot of deeper friendships; I genuinely like the Wealthsimple product which made it very exciting to work on it"
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.