Campus Role TypeInternship/Co-Op and Summer OpportunitiesStart Date– WinterHours37.5Workplace ModelHybridDepartment Overview
As a member of the Everyday Advice Journey (EAJ), you will be supporting a team that is focused on empowering customers with personalized advice, delivering seamless experiences and providing simplified products to elevate customers' day-to day financial well-being. In this role, you will be part of the New to Canada Product Group specifically, which is responsible for understanding the needs and enhancing the experiences of new Canadians – a very important growth segment for the Bank.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
This Program Is Designed To Complement Your On-the Job Experience And Features
Our Co-op/Intern Programming
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network.
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
- Conduct product-related research and do competitor assessments to provide insights, recommendations, and drive solutions for product development in your assigned area
- Collaborate with multiple business-units and technology partners across TD to identify business problems and product opportunities
- Assist with design and content changes to public site and other externally published documents to address any product enhancements
- Support on end-to-end testing with technology partners in order to ensure that product is ready for launch
- Analyze performance of the product and provide key insights to Product Owner
- Create and maintain monthly reports that track performance and identify any areas for opportunity
- Work with operations team to support incident management related to the product ensuring that issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Opportunity to work within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and gain experience with creating and managing user stories that align to the product roadmap
Job RequirementsWe're proud to work with a group of diverse colleagues. If you have relevant experience that isn't mentioned
below, tell us about it in your resume or cover letter.
- Currently enrolled in a post graduate degree program in Business/Commerce, Product Management, Analytics, Data, Finance, Accounting, or related field; with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term (requirement of all co-op/intern positions)
- Relevant work experience is an asset.
- Ability to execute under accelerated timeframes and quickly adapt to changes
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively across various teams
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a constantly evolving product space
- Genuine interest in improving the New to Canada customer journey
- Experience working with Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
This position is a 4-month work term and will commence January 8th – April 26th 2024
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
We're delighted that you're considering building a career with TD. Through regular development conversations,
training programs and a competitive benefits plan, we're committed to providing the support our colleagues
need to thrive both at work and at home.
If you're interested in a specific career path or are looking to build certain skills, we want to help you succeed.
You'll have regular career, development, and performance conversations with your manager, as well as access to
an online learning platform and a variety of mentoring programs to help you unlock future opportunities.
Whether you have a passion for helping customers and want to expand your experience, or you want to coach
and inspire your colleagues, there are many different career paths within our organization at TD – and we're
committed to helping you identify opportunities that support your goals.
Training and Onboarding
We'll provide in-person training and onboarding sessions to ensure that you've got everything you need to succeed in your new role.
We'll reach out to candidates of interest to schedule an interview. We do our best to communicate outcomes to all applicants by email or phone call.
Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
InclusivenessOur Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make An Impact In Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!