A growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you’ll be part of a diverse, global team that’s focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you’re out in the field or back at your office, you’ll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
We’re looking for a Social Media intern. The work location for this position is Burnaby, British Columbia, and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
RB Global is looking for a Social Media intern to assist in day-to-day operations and management of content for Ritchie Bros.’ and related brands’ social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube. This position will be responsible for planning, creating, scheduling, and posting content for various social media always-on campaigns for buyer and seller demand. The Social Media Intern will work with our Social Media Specialist and will directly report to the Director of Digital Marketing.
What you will do
- Create engaging content for all major social media platforms to increase brand awareness and drive website sessions
- Brainstorm/offer ideas for social media campaigns/projects/opportunities
- Schedule content to be published on social media at ideal times
- Assist with monitoring the social media channels and activities and respond to customer inquiries and comments
- Assist with managing Ritchie Bros.’ corporate social media content calendar
- Assist with curating social media content for events, stand-alone campaigns, and other projects
What We Need from You
You have a knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok. Knowledge of Hootsuite and WordPress an asset. You see exciting community-building possibilities in social media and keep an eye on emerging trends and are interested in learning about, shaping and executing social media campaigns. Other things we are looking for include:
- Degree seeking student - Marketing, Business or Language field of study is a bonus but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Collaborating and learning from others.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills.
What you can expect from us
As a result of working as the Social Media Intern, the student will have the opportunity to acquire and further develop their communication skills, time management, attention to detail, adaptability, and customer service skills.
Who we are
RB Global (NYSE: RBA) (TSX: RBA) is a leading, omnichannel marketplace that provides value-added insights, services and transaction solutions for buyers and sellers of commercial assets and vehicles worldwide. Through our auction sites in 14 countries and digital platform, RB Global serves customers in more than 170 countries across a variety of asset classes, including automotive, commercial transportation, construction, government surplus, lifting and material handling, energy, mining, and agriculture. Learn more about us at: https://rbglobal.com/
RB Global is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. No agency calls, please. Please contact us to request accommodations.