Job Type: Temporary > or = 12 Months, Full Time
Salary Range: $57,126.00 - $71,405.00 - $89,256.00
Expected Salary: Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint listed above. Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role.
BCLC’s two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.
We are seeking a motivated and detailed-oriented entry-level Data Analyst to join our team and contribute to our data-driven decision making process.
- Collect, clean, and organize large datasets from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of data analysis processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive business strategies.
- Generate comprehensive reports and visualizations to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and provide analytical support for various projects.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of databases, data pipelines, and data quality measures.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of dashboards and performance metrics to track key business indicators.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including the ability to write SQL queries to extract and transform data.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Python, R, or SQL.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik Sense.
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, quick learner, and eager to contribute to the team's success.
- Any relevant internships, coursework, or projects related to data analysis is a plus.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers – and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/careers/overview.html
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.