Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Total Fund Management Department
In Total Fund Management ("TFM"), we are building the capabilities to enable a consistent framework for the long-term management of the firm's investment strategy. TFM consists of five groups: Active Investment Management, Exposure, Leverage, and Liquidity Management, Portfolio Design and Construction, Applied Research & Models (“ARM”), and Strategy and Operations.
In partnership with a diverse team of professionals, the ARM group seeks to ensure TFM’s research capabilities into one centralized team to produce focused and impactful research, develop robust and consistent tools, and operate as efficiently as possible.
As a member of the team, you will collaborate with colleagues across the department to understand the research results and business insights that are driving the investment decisions executed by the portfolio managers. With that in hand you will support the research and implementation of these leading-edge investment strategies by delivering robust portfolio research and portfolio management solutions in a timely manner. When tricky problems arise, you will work together with your colleagues to discuss ideas and test many options in order to find the right long-term resolution.
We are currently recruiting an Intern Analyst to join the ARM Quantitative Modeling
team within the Total Fund Management department for a four-month period from January to April 2024.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the design of components of the portfolio management platform with an emphasis on ensuring flexibility and maintainability as the application goes into production
- Engage with quant researchers and portfolio managers to clarify specifications written in their respective business languages ensuring completeness and correct interpretation
- Assess and communicate the impact of impending modeling changes on portfolio metrics that drive trades
- Apply programming expertise, optimization, linear algebra or numerical analysis techniques during the implementation to ensure robustness of algorithms and code
- Collaborate with portfolio managers and quant researchers to prototype and develop portfolio analytics and quantitative models used in top-down portfolio management
- Be mentored by experienced team members who will aid you to tap into your expertise and blend it with new skills learned on job
- You are passionate about computing, engineering, finance, mathematics, physics or related fields (2nd year or above of undergraduate degree or working towards a graduate degree and returning to school in summer 2024)
- You have programming experience in large-scale projects. Experience in software design and Python are considered assets.
- You have an interest in modern portfolio theory, economics or quantitative portfolio techniques
- You excel at problem solving, attention to detail and ability to think critically and creatively
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with solid verbal and written communication skills
Along the way you will gain insights into the portfolio design fundamentals and the underlying investment beliefs and business realities that drive our total portfolio management decisions. In return, we will invest the time, energy, and appropriate training, whereby our dedication to your success becomes a priority.
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance, then you should consider a career in at CPP Investments.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) by September 10, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page
or Follow us
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, Sydney and Hong Kong offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.