is seeking an Energy Engineering Intern
to join our growing team in Toronto, ON. As an Energy Engineering Intern with Resource Innovations, you will be responsible for providing technical support services for the Advisory Services Group within Resource Innovations’ Utility Services business unit, and will work on energy efficiency program planning, delivery, and evaluation with a focus on engineering and analysis support. Position to start Jan-April 2024.
Specific responsibilities will include performing energy engineering services for utility and end-use clients, performing energy efficiency calculations, data management, and other related tasks. Candidates who completed 2 years or more of engineering education are encouraged to apply.
The following is a representative description of the position’s role and responsibilities. Reflecting the flexible nature of our work, Resource Innovations will adjust this description as necessary to meet operating and strategic needs of its business.Resource Innovations
(RI) is an energy transformation firm. Women-led
, purpose built
and focused on impact
, we’re constantly expanding our portfolio of solutions to guide utilities through increasingly complex, connected challenges. Load flexibility. Electrification. Carbon reduction. Building on our expertise in energy efficiency, we’re driving the material change needed to renew the promise of energy.Duties And Responsibilities
- Junior engineering and analysis support: data collection, energy analyses, project research, etc
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection efforts as well as data analysis.
- Conduct measurement and verification (M&V) activities for installed energy efficiency measures.
- Support and assist with input for technical report writings; contribute to draft reports, including results and actionable recommendations.
- Support senior staff with the development of presentations and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a current student registered in a post-secondary, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) or business program in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Consent to release placement information to EHRC Canada and the Government of Canada periodically during the placement and after the end of the placement
- Preferably experience in an energy engineering/efficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills are mandatory
- Excellent oral communication skills
Resource Innovations offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Resource Innovations also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds, a discretionary bonus and an overall comprehensive benefits package.About Resource Innovations
Resource Innovations (RI) is an energy transformation firm. Women-led, purpose built and focused on impact, we’re constantly expanding our portfolio of solutions to guide utilities through increasingly complex, connected challenges. Load flexibility. Electrification. Carbon reduction. Building on our expertise in energy efficiency, we’re driving the material change needed to renew the promise of energy. Discover how at www.resource-innovations.com.
We believe energy needs to evolve—a fundamentally different approach is needed to meet the urgent demands of the moment. Women-led, purpose built and focused on impact, we’re prepared to lead the clean energy transition.
We’re going beyond energy efficiency, constantly expanding our portfolio of solutions to guide utilities through increasingly complex, connected challenges.
Our integrated approach accelerates our ability to innovate in critical areas that are reshaping the energy sector (e.g., load flexibility, electric vehicles, decarbonization).
Our continued expansion gives us the scale to effect lasting change on important issues of climate change and equity.
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.