Partner Development and Analytics & InsightsWork Location:
Liberty Village, TorontoJob Type & Duration:
Part-time Internship, 4 MonthsCompensation:
Paid InternshipShift Information:
At least 3 days a week, 10AM to 5PM, up to 24 hours a week
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
The Partner Development department is responsible for creating and executing partner specific strategies, fostering, and managing relationships with key accounts with the goal of creating growth for our artists and overall business. The Analytics team provides research and analysis support throughout the organization, leading to increased corporate intelligence and improved decision making. We are looking for an exceptional intern to join the team on a short-term basis. As a Partner Development & Analytics intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day-to-day activities of the team, including, but not limited to:
- Assist in analyzing streaming and physical sales data from platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and retailers.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of playlists and digital content on streaming platforms by; researching and selecting tracks, organizing playlists by theme or genre, and ensuring they align with Sony Music Canada's branding and target audience.
- Contribute to research projects and innovation initiatives related to independent retailers, physical properties, streaming and digital music consumption.
- Assist in reviewing and updating product information for physical releases across vendor storefronts, release schedules and partner pitch documents.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments, trends, and changes in the physical and digital industry.
- Utilize analytics tools to evaluate success of marketing campaigns and other initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze music industry trends by finding correlations and key insights; conduct competitive analysis of other record labels and artists.
- Other ad hoc duties as per department needs.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on music, data analytics, entertainment, or marketing.
- Social media and computer savvy.
- Creative, with a passion for music.
- Involved in the music community.
- Detail oriented.
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, team player.
- Strong desire to learn and develop skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian music landscape including record labels and independent artists.
A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.