Event Coordinator Coop/Intern
Do you love special events? Would you like to transform ordinary moments into extraordinary memories? Then we would like to welcome you as our next Student Events Intern at the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmens!
The Student Events Intern delivers friendly, efficient customer service and creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and clients, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers.
Be part of our team of champions and elevate your events knowledge to the next level! Work for Hamilton's most esteemed hospitality establishment with prestigious brand offering and extensive development opportunities.OPPORTUNITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assist with planning, organizing, and finalizing all event details to ensure client satisfaction on the day of the event
- Assist with creation of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), floor plans and flow sheets
- Coordinate activities for the day of the event as well as receive and record customer payments
- Assist the sales department with creation contracts, meeting with clients, reviewing menus and packages, pricing negotiations etc.
- Respond to guest inquiries in a friendly and efficient manner, including phone, email, sales and confirmation of event details, questions and concerns
- Build partnership with set up team, chefs, and service team in order to ensure that the standards are maintained
- Assist clients during the planning process by making recommendations, and answering any questions
- Review all upcoming events, ensuring files have appropriate documentation
- Attend team meetings as required
- Assist in special projects as required
- Provide support to the operations team during events as needed
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed
This is a paid coop position and the student will receive credit for their coop program.
- Currently enrolled in a Special Event Management or comparable program
- Previous experience coordinating events considered an asset
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service mindset as well as a high level of ethics and integrity
- Working evenings and weekends to meet business needs as required
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 40 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s, fig&lemon, and The Arlington Hotel & River's Edge. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process people notify People & Culture upon scheduling
Powered by JazzHR