Student (Fixed Term)
Today,BlackBerry®is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
Today our software is trusted by the world’s most important organizations, including all of the G7, 16 of the G20, NATO, financial firms, healthcare providers and educational institutions. BlackBerry technology is further embedded in millions of ‘things.’ You can find BlackBerry in smart watches, medical devices, cars, trains, robots, smart meters, TV broadcast equipment, wind turbines, hydroelectric plants, pilot training simulators, mail-sorting machines and, of course, tablets and smartphones just to name a few.
The CSO Cognitive Analytics strategy involves using machine learning/artificial intelligence to automate repetitive and complex tasks while providing more consistent analysis of disparate data. The goal is to improve the customer experience and confidence in BlackBerry products by decreasing resolution time, providing proactive analysis, performance data, case deflection, and preventing issues from escalating through early identification.
You will join a team responsible for developing and implementing CSO’s Anomaly Detection platform, including deploying, implementing new features based on business needs and addressing issues (bugs/defects).
You will ensure the platform is able to deliver on the organizations expectations and is aligned to our business purpose. Working with your manager, this includes gathering, vetting, and prioritizing requirements, liaising with IT on roadmaps, implementation, UAT, and bug fixes.
As a 24x7x365 operation, it is vital we able to deliver world-class service to our customers. A reliable system is critical to ensuring we are delivering an excellent customer experience while minimizing downtime. You will use your knowledge and experience to continually enhance system performance and uptime.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
What you will do
- Continually expand and enhance our machine learning abilities through feedback from customers (internal and external)
- Successfully prioritize developments task based on urgency and ROI
- Collaborate with stakeholders and audiences to ensure assigned technology portfolio meets or exceeds minimum uptime requirements from the business
- Design, implement, and test uptime adherence
- Understand the direction of the business and anticipate requirements & communications needs in advance
- Measure the effectiveness of the assigned programs and meet targets
- Research industry innovations and determine what is right for our business
- Proactively identify opportunities to share information with the larger organization
Who we are looking for
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in a related field (ex. Software Development)
- Familiar with Python, Algorithms/Data Structures, Version Control i.e Git, NoSQL databases i.e. ElasticSearch
- Familiar with machine learning techniques/algorithms, statistics, optimization, experiment design, data science tools i.e TensorFlow/PyTorch/Scikit-learn/Matplotlib/Seaborn
- Familiar with testing and implementing large scale software platforms
- Excellent programming/developing documentation skills
- Familiar with software resiliency including designing process and testing methodologies
- Superior communication skills required
- Strong service orientation with a keen sense of urgency and priorities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, which enable you to juggle several priorities while continuing to meet deadlines
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills; able to develop and maintain effective relationships with peers, executives and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to remain focused when faced with adversity. Know how to remove obstacles. Able to identify when additional support is required
- Experienced using Visio, or other tools used for managing architectural diagrams
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours: