Student (Fixed Term)
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
Today our software is trusted by the world’s most important organizations, including all of the G7, 16 of the G20, NATO, financial firms, healthcare providers and educational institutions. BlackBerry technology is further embedded in millions of ‘things.’ You can find BlackBerry in smart watches, medical devices, cars, trains, robots, smart meters, TV broadcast equipment, wind turbines, hydroelectric plants, pilot training simulators, mail-sorting machines and, of course, tablets and smartphones just to name a few.
Opportunity to work with Functional Safety team at BlackBerry | QNX. As intern with the team, you will get exposure to QNX Real-Time Operating System and Hypervisor. You will get opportunity to develop, design, test, and analyze various aspects of RTOS and other components with the safety team. You will also have an opportunity to write software requirements, automation scripts, and participate in design discussions.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Length of Term: 4 Months or 8 Months
What you will do:
· Work with Embedded Engineers with Functional Safety at the front things
· Act as Software Safety Analysts, perform HAZOPs, FTAs etc.
· Write software requirements, establish requirement to code traceability
· Write python code to automate things
Who we are looking for:
· Knowledge and interest in operating systems (RTOS)
· Writing Software Requirement Specification (SRS)
· Knowledge of C/C++
· Knowledge of Python
Education level required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, or others in)
· Computer Science
· Computer Engineering
· Systems Engineering / Software Engineering
· Robotics or Aerospace Engineers
Student Life at Blackberry
· Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
· Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
· Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
· Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants, and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours: