Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
P&H Milling Group
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager based in Halifax.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Quality Assurance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will be responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes. You will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Manage the HAACP safety program, act as a HAACP team leader.
- Responsible for maintaining BRC/GFSI certification.
- Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborate with technical sales representatives to ensure full customer satisfaction with products and services.
- Establish and maintain a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Support new product development, SRED projects, and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement.
- Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Coach staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
- Create and maintain QA control documentation.
- Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- University degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of direct work experience in a Supervisory role in QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Training in BRC, FSMA and/or SFCR (Safe Food for Canadians Regulations)
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
To apply and learn more visit us atwww.pandhcareers.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.