Sapling Financial Consultants is a fast growing Toronto-based management consulting firm, founded in 2015. We seek to empower businesses to make better decisions through financial modelling and data analytics. By making best-in-class modelling and analytics more accessible, we can unlock value in a large number of mid-market businesses and bring more value to the world.
Sapling works with private equity firms, mid-market companies, energy developers and entrepreneurs across Canada and the US to design and build financial solutions tailored to meet specific company needs. Sapling’s areas of expertise include: financial modelling, data analytics, automation, and developing operating tools. Our services help companies to evaluate new business opportunities, secure financing for new projects, improve operational efficiency, obtain accurate valuations, generate actionable insights, and more.
POSITION SUMMARY, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an ambitious marketing intern who wants to apply their marketing and sales skills to add some rocket fuel to the massive growth we’re going to experience in 2023. We’re confident in our product and positioning, and we know who our ideal customers are—we need your execution skills to effectively communicate our message to as many of those ideal customers as possible.
As an intern in marketing, you will collaborate with our marketing team across all the stages of marketing campaigns. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies, and a seat at the table in marketing strategy discussions. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
We’re looking for young and hungry with something to prove. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to be the kind of person who is resourceful enough to figure it out with minimal oversight.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with hands-on knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
- Support the research and creation of Whitepapers
- Compile lists of prospective clients for email drip campaigns
- Conduct research on prospective clients for customization of sales emails
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Perform occasional design work to enhance the appearance of client deliverables (e.g., PowerPoint, Word)
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Assist in writing our monthly newsletter
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Help organize marketing events
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Track and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to provide insight
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year students enrolled in a business program, who have
shown an interest in marketing
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques (email drip campaign,
relationship selling, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g., CRM
- Previous exposure to creative tools (e.g. Canva, Adobe Professional, Photoshop)
- Passion for marketing and its best practices
- Start Date: We are looking for candidates who can start in January or February 2023
- Application Materials:
- Write a cold prospecting email trying to sell Sapling services to a prospective client of your
own choosing (go to www.saplingfinancial.com for an overview of services). In addition to
the email, please provide an explanation of why you selected that prospective client (max
Sapling Financial Consultants is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.About the Company:
Sapling Financial Consultants