BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international applied earth sciences professional services firm. We are proud of our talented team of over 700 employees, spanning the fields of Engineering, Geoscience, Software, Geomatics, Data Science, Accounting, Administration, Health & Safety and Human Resources. Alongside our clients and industry partners, BGC works collaboratively as ‘One Team’, dedicated to solving the world’s most critical applied earth science challenges. BGC has Canadian offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, Fredericton, Halifax, and offices in Golden (Colorado), Santiago (Chile), Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) and Brisbane (Australia).
Our flat management structure creates a culture of innovation, excellence and transparency and a casual, dynamic and inclusive work environment. BGC prides itself on offering training and mentoring opportunities to further our employees’ professional growth as well as social and wellness activities that contribute to the connection and wellbeing of our team.
We believe in One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense and Clarity.
BGC is looking for a full time CAD Drafter (New Grad or Intern). The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and introductory knowledge of civil 3D. They will also be eager to learn and have an interest in excelling in civil design. BGC is a fast-paced environment where candidates will have to work on their own and within a team.
This challenging yet rewarding position will require collaboration with Engineers and teammates. It will provide an opportunity to innovate designs and increase drawing quality to produce complex 3D models, generate accurate volumes, and quality production drawings.
- Assist in the preparation of 2D layouts according to engineering specifications, under the supervision of CAD Team Leads;
- Follow established guidelines/standards/specs;
- Apply standardized procedures;
- Prepare construction drawings in the mining and pipeline field;
- Produce drawings relating to all BGC disciplines;
- Liaise with engineers on drafting requests;
- Communicate the status of tasks, design changes, and continuous improvement items to the rest of the team.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Currently enrolled in a Certificate/Diploma program or Post-Secondary education from an accredited vocational/technical institute;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills.
BGC is committed to maintaining a safe work environment, and we are following current public health orders to ensure the health and safety of our employees while maintaining their privacy and respecting their individual circumstances. As of July 4, 2022, the BGC COVID-19 vaccination policy has been suspended until further notice. If BGC resumes this policy, all employees will be required to submit all COVID-19 vaccination records to HR. If you require any accommodations or are not able to comply with this request, please inform Human Resources.
BGC offers our employees the following:
- Our ‘One Team’ culture supporting health, wellness, safety and diversity
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Flexible workplace with office and home arrangements
- Social and wellness activities
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation with your application, please
About the Company: