GEI Consultants is seeking a Helpdesk Technician Intern to work at Markham, ON. alongside a team of Senior Helpdesk Technicians based in Woburn, Sacramento, and Ontario, Canada.
As a member of the support center team, the successful candidate will primarily provide technical support to users, both local and remote for desktops, laptops, OS, applications, network connectivity, & cell phones.
- Provides timely and effective technical support to GEI users and prioritizes incoming requests based on business need by utilizing JitBit ticketing system.
- Assists senior team members with complex issues to gain experience and exposure to more advanced problems
- Contributes, reviews, and maintains knowledge base content on an ongoing basis
- Provision user accounts and configure and deploy Windows workstations, laptops, printers, fax machines, and peripherals, within company standards and guidelines
- Configure and troubleshoot Anti-virus software, assist, or train staff with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook in an Office 365 environment
- Software installation and troubleshooting support of various engineering specific applications
- Setup and deliver computers to new hires and staff
- Work independently or with other staff to troubleshoot technical and network issues over the phone, or via remote access; recommend and perform system upgrades
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends when required.
- Setup and configuration of cell and smart-phone devices
- Perform other duties as needed
- Currently attending/pursuing a degree program in Computer science or related.
- At least one year of technical skill or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and adapt quickly to change
- An aptitude for grasping the value of new information
- Ability to take ownership of complex issues/assignments and follow through to completion
- Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Work availability in the US without requiring sponsorship
- This position is based in a general office environment with responsibilities that require extensive computer work using the keyboard and monitor requiring listening as well as speaking and sitting for extended periods of time
We are GEI.
Some of the world s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients most complex challenges.
With more than 40 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI s career site here.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Rewards and Recognition
GEI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.