Community Living North Grenville is a local organization founded by families and friends of individuals with an Intellectual Disability. It will be guided by, adhere to and strive to achieve its Vision in all its actions. Community Living North Grenville advocates for, promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have an intellectual disability.
· Provide support to front-line employees and to persons with an intellectual disability.
· Participate in achieving meaningful outcomes and leisure & recreation opportunities under direct supervision of a Community Living staff Member.
· Demonstrate a respectful relationship with each individual which recognizes their rights as citizens and promotes dignity and well-being.
· Support individuals to participate in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community.
· Support individuals to develop decision making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities that promote inclusion in the community.
· Demonstrate positive and professional relationships with other association staff, families, volunteers, advocates, and community partners.
· Enrolled in a Social Service program such as Developmental Services Worker, Social Services Worker, Personal Support Worker, Child and Youth Worker.
· Up to date First Aid and CPR training would be considered an asset.
· Experience working or volunteering with people with disabilities would be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to community and advocating for full participation for supported individuals.
· Must be a team player and develop, promote, and sustain respectful relationships.
· This summer position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program; therefore applicants must meet the following criteria:
o Must have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
o Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment period
Hours of Work and Start Date:
· 35 hours per week. Hours may include days, afternoons/evenings, or weekends.
· Positions will be 8 weeks in length and will begin end of May/early June.
Community Living North Grenville is committed to a candidate selection process that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Apprenticeship, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brockville, ON K6V 2T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15
Expected start date: 2023-06-05