We are looking for a full-time Account Representative Intern to join our growing team through an Indigenous Internship Program. You will be working with an experienced team of benefits advisors, disability management leaders, social workers, human resource experts, occupational health and safety specialists and wellness advisors, partnered with leading companies in benefits solutions, to help you take the next step in your career in a dynamic environment that provides opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, learning and development opportunities, and work-life balance.
The intent of the Indigenous Internship Program is to strengthen and develop Northern Ontario’s Indigenous workforce by offering internships to Indigenous persons.
The full-time Account Representative Intern will report to the Manager, Sales and will be responsible for various responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Review and monitor accounts to ensure successful delivery of the promised service
- Provide Day to day service to clients including amendments, policy changes, employee removals, claims experience reviews
- Manage and process contract renewals
- Manage marketing negotiations and benefits presentation to clients and market
- Assist with benefits risk management and exercise due diligence in all banking procedures
- Plan admin/employee presentations with Senior Account Manager
- Visit on-site/Follow up with your clients to gain a thorough understanding of their business objectives and operations, as permitted
- Proactively address client issues or potential issues to help reach our client's desired outcome
- In order to be eligible for the Indigenous Internship Program, you must self-identify as an Indigenous person. The term Indigenous refers to individuals who identify as being descended from the original inhabitants (the first peoples) of what is now known as Canada. In this context, Indigenous people are First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The Indigenous Internship Program is open to all Indigenous applicants who have graduated or will complete the requirements to graduate with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate from a recognized or legally authorized post-secondary institution with focus in Business Administration or other relevant field
- Life/A&S License (HLLQP/LLQP), or the willingness to complete
- Strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients
- Excellent organizational skills – able to responds to inquiries, suggestions, complaints and requests in a timely, courteous & professional manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capable of working independently and take ownership of tasks.
Maximus Rose is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require accommodation to apply, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Stream. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Customer support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person