The Raptors is a birds of prey and falconry organization dedicated to raising awareness for birds of prey and promoting conservation. For more background information on us and the work we do, visit www.the-raptors.com.
We are looking for Summer Education & Bird Care Interns to join our team! These positions would be based primarily at our visitor centre in Duncan, BC., and is responsible for working with our team to care for our birds and provide educational talks and hands-on experiences to guests, along with handling admission and gift shop sales, greeting guests, cleaning, and assisting with guest bookings and coordinating with the team to ensure smooth experiences for guests.
We pride ourselves on a working environment that is built on open communication, respect and passion for our amazing ecosystems and the ideal candidate would embody these values to fit in with our close-knit team of biologists and bird enthusiasts.
The ideal candidate would have:
· Some post-secondary education, ideally in a science related field.
· Experience working in the tourism or hospitality field.
· Adaptability to a variety of work and tasks.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
· Great organizational skills.
· Passion for conservation and the environment.
· Public speaking and/or education experience.
Exceptional candidates may also possess the following:
· First aid skills
· Raptor handling / animal training experience
These are full-time seasonal summer positions. Due to the funding required for this position, candidates must be 30 years of age or less, and a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person with refugee status. Wages for this position start at $18/hour, dependent on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We are happy to consider applications from all backgrounds, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match for the above criteria. Tell us why you would be an awesome member of our team!
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-10