As a member of the Kearl Oil Sands Operations Support team, you will be instrumental in enhancing data analytics and visualization capabilities to enhance business decision making and will play a key role in process and systems improvements.
You will be office-based at our world-class Calgary Quarry Park campus.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Collaborate with teams representing business analysis, operations, and technical groups
- Analyze financial and non-financial data, and provide insights and recommendations
- Identify and implement opportunities for process and digital automation, and systems integration
- Improve management of existing data, data analysis and visualizations
- Build data visualization products using PowerBI, and share PowerBI knowledge with colleagues
- Develop SharePoint sites (internal and external) for data sharing
- Support SAP automation processes
- Current enrollment (or recent graduate) in a STEM or data analytics related post-secondary program
- Sound knowledge of financial acumen
- Demonstrated skill in data architecture, data modelling, and data analysis and visualization
- Proficiency using PowerBI to analyze data and create dashboards
- Functional experience in SharePoint, SQL and query logic, and cloud infrastructure
- Nice to have skills and experiences:
- Familiarity with R and Python programming languages
- SAP automation and Winshuttle experience
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication of analytical results in a clear, concise manner
- Self-starter with keen interest in data and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Start date: September 2023
Work Term: 4 months
Location: Calgary, AB
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: May 21, 2023
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.