Finance Intern (Fall of 2022: September 1 - December 30)
P&H Milling Group
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Finance Intern based in Cambridge, Ontario
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Finance Intern, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing daily support to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Processing of accounts, which includes posting and issuing payment to vendors as well as matching inventory with purchase orders
- Corresponding with vendors regarding payments, missing invoices and account discrepancies
- Vendor statement reconciliation
- Daily posting of account payments, customer discounts, deductions including EFT, cheques, wire payments and direct deposits
- Following up with customers when Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment notices are received
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Assist with gathering of data for year-end audit
- Maintaining an organized filing system
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a business and or accounting program
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook & Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy is met
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
To apply and learn more visit us atwww.pandhcareers.com. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job