Make an impactful contribution to our recommendations team!
Our recommendations team in Machine Learning is searching for an intern to join their ranks! Not only will the intern get to dive deep into the commerce LOB but they will also be able to develop recommendation models and efficiently detect users' intents.
Are you someone constantly searching for ways to improve or gain new skills, contribute to exciting and relevant projects? We might just have what you’re looking for ! By having a profound interest in machine learning and AI, we’re certain this challenge is tailored for you. With its high diversity of production datasets, Coveo offers a wonderful playground for applied science.
What would your typical day look like?
- You start your day off with a team meeting (scrum) to track the progress on the team’s different projects and elevate each other by sharing innovative ideas
- Take ownership of your current projects; start your day with some coding and reviewing your pairs Pull Requests
- As you are eager to be given more responsibilities, you make sure to test your code like a pro for it to deliver tangible value. Get ready to collaborate across different teams internally, this role will have you working with multiple developers.
- It’s already lunch time! You attend a lunch and learn as you seek to benefit from your colleagues’ expertise and where you want to present your advancements
- After lunch your priorities shift, and along with your coach you begin a project to improve our monitoring, security and infrastructure!
- The day is coming to an end! You’ve learned so much in a day, you look back and assess your contribution in cultivating excellence, already looking forward to tomorrow! Until then, you join your colleagues for a Smash tournament to celebrate your successes.
Ready to become our next intern superstar?
- You are currently enrolled in a Master or PhD program with emphasis on Machine Learning.
- You have completed at least one internship in a similar role.
- You have prior concrete experience with Python and Scala.
- You have a strong sense of ownership; always finding ways to learn and keeping up with current trends.
- Be proud of what you create; you strive to grow and are results-driven
Do you also possess the following skills? That’s Great:
- Prior experience conducting research or reports on machine learning algorithms.
- Always looking for new challenges; you often participate in hackathons!
- Curious by nature, you ask questions attempting to understand what you don’t know
- You take initiatives and work independently!
- You have great organizational and time management skills.
Why Intern at Coveo?
An internship at Coveo is an opportunity to be part of a passionate, talented team that encourages you to see through your ideas and initiatives while working with cutting edge technology tools.
This is not our first rodeo! We have been welcoming interns with us since 2008! It is important for us to support the next generation and pass on our knowledge and expertise to students. You will be entrusted with projects that meet your ambitions and you will be supervised by a coach who will impart to you a wealth of knowledge that only a workplace can offer you. We work in a hybrid way and like to meet at the office at least twice a week to exchange around the coffee machine and enjoy the time as a team. You will of course be invited to participate in all of the company's activities. We can't wait to meet you!
Join the Coveolife!
Experience comes in many forms but we offer challenges that meet your ambition; to enable you to learn consistently.
We encourage all candidates to apply regardless of, for example, age, gender, disability, gaps in CV, national or ethnic background.
Please note: Due to all of the team members being located in the province of Quebec and the internship being hybrid, we will prioritize candidates located in the province only.