We are on a mission to bring credit unions closer to the members they serve - using integrated, financial technology solutions as a bridge to create connections, enable convenience and instill trust. Through strategic partnerships, client collaboration and empowering our employees, we are delivering on our vision of a secure, integrated, and innovative digital ecosystem that will put credit unions at the forefront of digital leadership in the financial services industry. We are trusted by over 115 credit unions and financial institutions across Canada, who represent $209 billion dollars in total assets.
Celero embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion where all employees feel supported, valued, and empowered to fulfill their professional potential. We value that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, culture, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring richness to our work environments. Our inclusive culture enables us to leverage our own diversity to provide products and services which meet the diverse needs of those we serve, enabling their business growth and inspiring their innovation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable journalism or public relations student to join our corporate communications team for a four-month term to assist with projects related to internal and client communications.
Reporting to Director, Communications, the successful candidate in this role will broadly contribute to the fulfilling the communications needs of the organization - from employee engagement to event support to client-facing projects.
Some of the key focus areas include writing profiles about employees, projects and success stories, updating our SharePoint-based internet and extranet, drafting news releases, providing writing and editing support and contributing to the implementation of our communication strategy.
A Day in the Life
Employee and client communications
- Assists with daily updates to our internet and extranet, including drafting articles and making changes to the websites
- Leads or participates in drafting key client bulletins or other forms of external communication
- Provides communications support to various teams, including the executive team, reviewing and approving content for style and standards and providing edits and improvement suggestions
- Supports internal and client events, including drafting speaking notes and providing pre- and post-communications support
Contributes to communications excellence
- Contributes to corporate communications initiatives and tasks, including communications strategies, product launches and news releases.
- Drives innovation and seeks continuous improvement of our communications templates, resources and processes
- Supports communications team in maintaining a high-standard of communications practices and improving the quality of communications across the organization
Incident and crisis communications assistance
- Contributes to incident communications, including supporting drafts of incident or security communications, using internal tools to raise employee awareness and shadowing on incident communications calls
- Currently working towards a degree in public relations or journalism
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to learn and take on a variety of communications-related tasks
- Experience with Office 365 applications, specifically SharePoint Online, is an asset
- Ability to collaborate and influence communications excellence under tight timelines
- Standards-driven individual with solid organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to achieve great results with and through other
We have high expectations of all Celero employees and strive to recruit applicants with the following characteristics:
- Consistent adherence to Celero core values of Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Inclusion, Innovation and Trust
- Accepts new ideas and ways of doing things, demonstrates flexibility
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
- Communicates clearly and openly, being mindful of different communication styles
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative in understanding the needs of others.
- Takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met
- Effectively adapts to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and shifting priorities.
- Incorporates critical thinking to collaboratively identify, improve, and innovate products, services, and processes.
Length Of Employment
Paid Internship (4 Months Term)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Celero is committed to eliminating barriers and improving accessibility to our workplace for persons with disabilities. We strive to do this in a timely manner and in a way that respects personal dignity, independence, integration, and equality of opportunity. Celero has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If an employee requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, we will work with that individual to achieve an appropriate accommodation. If you required an accommodation due to a physical or other limitation, please let us know when you are contacted to participate in the recruitment process.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro