Reporting Directly To The Plant Manager, Your Experience Will Involve a Variety Of Exciting Work Assignments, Which Could Include
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our operations for an Engineering Co-op student working in our Manufacturing facility in Peterborough.
- Working with Plant Management to incorporate critical TQM tools and processes to the manufacturing environment
- Supporting small scale capital projects
- Supporting line efficiency, line reliability and Continuous Improvement projects
- Ensuring that the correct processes and equipment are in place to manufacture products and achieve our goal of continuous improvement and quality
- Improving line productivity as well as participating in projects to upgrade infrastructure
- Developing Technical Standard Work
- Conducting Product Analysis and Reporting
- Conducting Measuring System Analysis
- Conducting Statistical analysis
We are looking for driven, business-minded and creative people with a Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering degree, and with a broad understanding of all engineering disciplines. You will have exposure to both engineering and business through the development/execution of business capital projects.
Strong relationship building and influencing skills are required for your success. And, of course, you'll need the basics of strong computer skills, particularly in Excel and presentation drafting. This position is designed to provide you with real-work experience and an opportunity to help you get to know us better.
Start date: Spring 2023
Duration: 12 months
- Currently enrolled in a university level Engineering program specializing in the Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or related engineering streams
- Broad understanding of all engineering disciplines
- Proactive & dynamic attitude focused on delivering results
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while taking direction from experienced engineers
- Strong computer skills , specifically Microsoft Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to read and understand CAD drawings
- Previous manufacturing experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and communicate information effectively and accurately
- Ability to work independently
Our Purpose And Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.