Job Title: International Programs Intern
Status: Full time, 8 week contract
Location: Remote / Burlington, ON
ABOUT ISLAMIC RELIEF:
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development agency striving to alleviate poverty and suffering around the world regardless of colour, race or religion. Established in 1984 in response to the widespread famine in Africa, Islamic Relief has grown to be a key, well known and respected aid agency in disaster relief and the ongoing development of people in over 25 countries. It specialises in Education & Training, Health and Nutrition, Water & Sanitation, Income Generation, Orphans’ Support, Emergency Relief and Disaster Preparedness. Islamic Relief is a member of the Humanitarian Coalition
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting funding analyses: Involves synthesizing and analyzing large amounts of information from various sources regarding Government of Canada funding to NGOs and select countries. Must be neat and organized for easy review and recommendations. Includes use of Excel.
- Project Profiles: Involves extracting key project information from existing files to create 1-2 page infographics. This will support internal project information disbursement, including the opportunity to present infographics at organization-wide meetings.
- General Admin: This role will support in streamlining access to information across multiple platforms, primarily between Google and Asana, a project management platform. This may involve re-organizing project folders and enhancing our resource folder, to name a few.
- Project Admin: This role will support the wider programs team with their project management duties, including reviewing and uploading monthly updates, editing and filing project reports as well as supporting interdepartmental inquiries and initiatives, particularly in relation to our seasonal programming.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English are required, including strong analytical and report-writing capability and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and database systems
- Be able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment and prioritize your time well
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with other departments
- Eligible to work in Canada
As this is a Canada Summer Jobs position, all applicants must meet eligibility guidelines as specified by Service Canada in order to be considered for the above position: be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period*; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR