Ziing Final Mile Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Ziing Group Inc.) is a disruptor in the logistics space. We don’t operate with a mission. We’re driven by a sense of a purpose. We believe local businesses are the lifeblood of our economy and that a sustainable future is something we can work toward.
We are committed to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices anchored in data-driven intelligence and have achieved significant year-over-year growth by leveraging a unique service partner model that combines local drivers with industry-leading technology. Our core values of humble, hungry and mindful, collectively drive our out-of-the-box service offerings.
As a Tech Intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals and contribute to projects that are critical to the company's success. You will gain valuable hands-on experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have the opportunity to develop your technical skills and knowledge.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the company's technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, and network systems
- Collaborate with the technology function team to identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Help to implement new technology solutions to improve efficiency and productivity
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools that could benefit the company
- Assist with the development and testing of new software applications
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals and system guides
- Participate in team meetings and provide regular updates on project progress
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including those related to security and data privacy
What we’re looking for
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Strong understanding of computer systems, networks, and software applications
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Python, and C++
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and systems
Some of our benefits you can expect
- Generous vacation time, personal days and volunteering time
- Extended Health Benefits from your first day
- This role could be based out of our head office in Calgary as a hybrid role or remote within Canada
Duration and Compensation
This is a 12-16-months internship position with the possibility of extension based on performance. The internship is a paid position with compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Does this role interest you but you don’t check every box?
We value diversity in our teams’ experience. Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race, and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees. One of our goals is decent work and economic growth. To accomplish this, we know we need to build a diverse team, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and perspectives they bring.
*If you have a disability that requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you*