Make a significant impact with your database maintenance skills!
The Databases and Data Management team is a business unit that aims to provide high availability and secure data lake infrastructure to both our internal and external customers.
As a Data Engineer intern, you will be utilizing DBT (DATA BUILD TOOLS), to help create a normalized data model on top of raw events to help teams get relevant data in an understandable way. You will be working on both data management and data maintenance/ infrastructure, with the use of both Snowflake and SQL.
Are you looking for an internship where you can have a positive and meaningful impact in a highly collaborative environment? If you're a data expert looking to create data models and normalize data to provide to internal stakeholders, this is a challenge tailored for you!
What would your typical day look like?
- You start your day by jumping on your daily scrum call with the team to update them on your day's priority and yesterday's accomplishments
- After, you jump on a call with your team and open up Snowflake and start with data maintenance to helping other teams optimize other data applications .
- It's already lunch time ! You take some well deserved time off and attend a lunch and learn elaborated specifically for our cohort of interns
- In the afternoon you open SQL and begin working on an individual project, you start working on data transformation
- After, you hop on a call with your team to discuss a new project of data warehousing concepts; where and how to store data is what you love best!
- Then your internship coach sets aside some time for you this afternoon to make sure everything runs smoothly when you start out. You discuss the team dynamics, the challenges that await you. You also share some input from your working with the site assessments to improve it.
- The day is already over ! You close your computer happy that you spent your day surrounded by bright, curious and respectful people, eager to grow their teammates and colleagues.
Ready to become our next intern superstar? Requirements:
Do you also possess the following skills? That's Great:
- Be pursuing studies in programs like Computer Science, ideally with a focus or minor in mathematics or statistics
- Be passionate about data analysis and insights and be a master of SQL and Snowflake
- Prior internship experience which a focus on data modeling
- Knowledge or prior experience with DBT
- Be proficient in English and French; written and spoken
- You have a strong technical acumen and you love solving complex puzzles and problems
- You participated in programming activities or worked on relevant side projects
- You have a head full of ideas; you are passionate about the tech industry and lead with a proactive mindset
- You are not afraid to ask questions and you are always willing to learn
Why Intern at Coveo?
Interning at Coveo is an opportunity to be part of a passionate and talented team working with bleeding edge technology. This is not our first rodeo! We have welcomed and accompanied interns since 2008! You will be entrusted with the development of projects worthy of your aspirations and ambitions and you will be supervised by a coach who will share with you a wealth of knowledge that can only be taught in a workplace. Even if we are working in a hybrid way we still have many ways to connect; hackathons, lunch and learn, 5 @ 7 to name a few !
Join the Coveolife!
Experience comes in many forms but we offer challenges that meet your ambition; to enable you to learn consistently.
We encourage all candidates to apply regardless of, for example, age, gender, disability, gaps in CV, national or ethnic background.
Please note: Due to all of the team members being located in the province of Quebec and the internship being hybrid, we will prioritize candidates located in the province only. About the Company: