Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2023 Fall Student Opportunities Technology & Operations - Software Developer, 8 months
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Software Developer Co-op for? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles available across RBC Technology & Operations.
Some exciting roles you'll be considered for are:
- Full Stack Developer
- Android Developer
- iOS Developer
- API Developer
- Web Developer
- Hadoop Developer
- Big Data Developer
- Automation Developer
What will you do?
- Collaborate with peers to develop code in line with strategic initiatives, as well as develop, troubleshoot, enhance, and document components, as per the requirements and detailed design
- Translate requirements into functional specifications, and coordinate design phases, while identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues
- Create and review technical design documents, understand how the design will be used in the code development process, and facilitate meetings to design, troubleshoot, and execute projects
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications, programs, code, and unit test plans
- Conduct thorough unit testing, often developing and leveraging automated unit testing frameworks, and improve performance of single functions through performance tuning
- Plan design/implementation activities, ensure technical solution quality, provide third-level support for various technologies, and drive technical platform evolution and improvements
- Present technical topics at regular TSA meetings and manage low-level planning of work packages
- Estimate activities/tasks required to perform design, coding, and unit testing
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with a focus on computer science, engineering, or technology
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding of programming languages, databases, platforms, frameworks, design techniques and tools, code management tooling, and/or web technologies
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative methods
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to hand-code all components, as well as Cross Browser development experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is February 5, 2023. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review
Participates in and supports the operational activities of a business unit. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.