All companies are not
the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
For TD Bank Group to grow profitably, it must selectively take and manage risks. TD recognizes that a strong risk culture and approach to risk management is fundamental to our success.
TD's risk management approach is comprehensive and proactive and combines experience and specialized knowledge of individual business segments, risk professionals, and the corporate oversight functions. It is based on enabling TD's business to understand their risks and developing the policies, processes and controls required to manage these risks appropriately in line with the Bank's strategy and risk appetite.Job Description
Risk Management is a key Corporate Function supporting the front-line businesses within TD with over 1,800 employees in offices in Canada, United States, UK and Singapore. We partner internally with many different areas of TD as well as our business partners to ensure we exceed our client's expectations, and employees to focus on a positive employee experience. We work externally with regulators to align with industry standards and benchmark ourselves against best practices.
As a student part of the TD Risk Management Co-op program you will have the opportunity to join different development workshops, seminars and lunch and learns. We will provide you the necessary tools, resources and guidance to achieve both business and personal goals. Job Requirements
Skills that are not required, but considered an asset:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Analysis, Risk Management, Computer Science or equivalent, with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
- Relational database SQL skills for data mining, extraction and statistical analysis.
- Strong excel Advanced MS Excel and MS Access for data analysis (Pivot, Filter, Formulas, Vlookup, VBA)
- Dedicated, detail oriented, and an ability to propose creative solutions
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- High degree of personal initiative
- Knowledge of Financial Industry/Risk Management
- Experience using Business Intelligence Reporting tools such as Cognos or Tableau
- Microsoft Visio would be an asset
- MS Project
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 5th - Dec 22nd, 2023
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
Hybrid work model, centered in Toronto. TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.