Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Term Length: 4 months
Term Start: May 8th, 2023
Term End: August 18, 2023
- COVID Vaccination Status / Return to Office*:
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
As of March 2022 Loblaw has adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 2 days a week, while spending the other 3 days in the office.
Essential Style. Exceptional Value. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh offers accessible, modern design in lifestyle collections for women, men and children. Joe Fresh brings a contemporary point of view to everyday wardrobe favourites full of colour, polish and thoughtful details. In categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and beauty, Joe Fresh provides quality and style for the entire family.
Calling all fashion students or recent graduates! Joe Fresh is looking for an intern to assist our dynamic design team in the Childrenswear category. The role will allow for exposure across all areas within childrenswear and require adaptability, often working alongside a different designer from one day to the next. The benefit: while being a huge support to our team in their day to day tasks, you will observe how each designer works through the season collaboratively with senior management and learn our key activities such as sourcing, costing exercises and sample fittings. If you have an eye for detail, a curious mindset, and a creative passion, we’d love to meet you.
- Be an active participant in all aspects of the design process
- Assist in general concept design as needed
- Researching children’s wear trends online- building Power Point Ideas decks
- Aid team to build Pantone swatch color palettes for Design/PD needs.
- Support team in Fabric Swatching
- Assist in Sample Preparation for key presentations and sample Archive maintenance.
- Assist in preparation for Design meetings
- Ability to support Illustrator and Photoshop Cad needs
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a post-secondary fashion design program (or equivalent)
- Extremely Detail Oriented and Organized
- Team Player in a Small Hands-on Team
- Excellent Multi-Tasker and Time Manager
- Embraces Challenge and Takes Initiative
- Translates Direction and Instruction well into Daily Tasks
- Methodical and Proficient Worker
- Adapts Quickly in Fast Paced Environment
- Great Communication Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Knowledge in CLO is an asset
How You’ll Succeed
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.