The Agile Team Intern will be involved working closely with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Development teams to support Interac's Agility Journey. This role will be an excellent learning opportunity to learn more about the Agile space (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.), interacting with key stakeholders, helping to build the practice, measuring and reporting metrics, and fostering a good Community of Practice.You're Great At...
Who Are You?
- Collecting, consolidating and analyzing data in preparation for summaries and team/leadership analysis
- Creating and maintaining an inventory of relevant artifacts
- Independently taking on small/targeted projects with leadership support and direction
- Applying techniques for effective workflow management and working closely with team to ensure work-in-progress is managed, tracked and completed
- Living and promoting the agile principles and values
- Introducing new and creative ways of working to help the team improve and become more efficient
Must Have Skills:
- A self-starter who is passionate about excellence, about making an impact, and the opportunity to learn and grow with our team and Interac.
- You are able to work independently, work with ambiguity, to deliver outcomes.
- Someone with self-confidence and not shy to articulate your views with industry professionals & contribute to the team.
- Interested in business agility and/or have an interest in pursuing a career path in Agile
- You have a creative and process-oriented approach. You are able to find pragmatic solutions to problems.
- You are studying Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related area of study
- You have an understanding of product delivery and how the backend of a product is built and works
- An outstanding communicator in and can effectively influence and work with people at all levels
- You have a drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of team and are driven to meet or exceed expectations.
- Someone with enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You thrive in a changing environment and welcome the opportunity to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- You have an appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You are flexible and open to the ideas of others.
- Must be eligible to work for Interac Corp. in Canada in a Full Time Capacity
Nice To Have Skills:
- Self-starter and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong curiosity, desire and ability to learn
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creative and ability to think outside the box
- Great communications skills (critical listening, ability to articulate the key message(s), abstract the complicated into something simple), good with verbal and written communication skills
- Agile/Lean methodologies
- Strong IT / Technology / Software Development background
- Great with Power Point decks
- Proficient with Excel (tabulating results, Pivot table, etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: to be eligible for Interac internship roles, the candidate must be currently enrolled in a post secondary academic institution.How We Work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:Connection:
You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.Core Values:
They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.Compensation & Benefits:
Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.Education:
To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you