· Provide support to front-line employees and to persons with an intellectual disability.
· Participate in achieving meaningful outcomes and leisure & recreation opportunities under direct supervision of a Community Living staff Member.
· Demonstrate a respectful relationship with each individual which recognizes their rights as citizens and promotes dignity and well-being.
· Support individuals to participate in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community.
· Support individuals to develop decision making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities that promote inclusion in the community.
· Demonstrate positive and professional relationships with other association staff, families, volunteers, advocates, and community partners.
· Enrolled in a Social Service program such as Developmental Services Worker, Social Services Worker, Personal Support Worker, Child and Youth Worker.
· Up to date First Aid and CPR training would be considered an asset.
· Experience working or volunteering with people with disabilities would be considered an asset.
- Strong commitment to community and advocating for full participation for supported individuals.
· Must be a team player and develop, promote, and sustain respectful relationships.
· This summer position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, therefore applicants must meet the following criteria:
o Must have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
o Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment period
Hours of Work and Start Date:
· 35 hours per week. Hours may include days, afternoons/evenings, or weekends.
· Positions will be 8 weeks in length and will begin end of May/early June.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brockville, ON K6V 2T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-17
Expected start date: 2023-06-05