Job Title: Student Intern – Plant Care
Location: Battleford, SK
Department: Production & Operations
Reports to: General Manager, Operations Manager, Production Coordinators
Key Relationships: Production & Processing
Role Purpose/ Summary: The Plant Care Intern will work with a team of cannabis growers to produce exceptional cannabis products while maintaining high standards of sanitation and quality. Plant care maintenance includes cloning, feeding/watering, staking, transplanting & pruning, harvesting, denugging and other duties as required.
About us: Decibel is uncompromising in the process and craftsmanship needed to deliver the highest quality cannabis products and retail experiences. Decibel has three production houses operating along with its wholly owned retail business, Prairie Records. More information can be found at www.decibelcc.com.
Our culture: A collaborative work environment that is supportive and encouraging. We do not believe in the dated culture of a dog-eat-dog workplace – we’re all in this together and we fundamentally believe that success and learning are team accomplishments. We celebrate the collective and believe every role on the team is pivotal – regardless of years of experience.
Our current team is close knit. Anyone who joins the team will be a compliment to the positive, determined energy that flows through dB. You can expect to learn a lot quickly, from passionate and experienced individuals who are committed to supporting your growth.
We live by our “Actions to Live By”. We Grind (persistence and resourcefulness), We Craft (taking care in every detail) and We Care (inclusive and passionate about our business).
- Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations and standards.
- All pruning and de-leafing events within grow rooms.
- All transplanting, planting & soil tests within grow rooms and all feeding of water, nutrients, etc.
- Room cleaning, equipment cleaning (pots, stakes, etc.) Sanitation of all plant care equipment. Remove plant waste from area.
- Maintenance of equipment within grow rooms.
- Completing and preparing appropriate documentation as required and communicating with room leaders.
- Keeping a daily record of in-room tasks completed.
- Visually inspect plants for any concerning features such as discoloration or disease and report any findings to Shift Lead or Supervisor immediately.
- Understand and follow all related SOPs and procedures to GMP standards.
- Application of soil amendments, assisting in scouting for IPM issues & assist in application of biological controls & pesticides.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive base salary.
- Group health and dental benefits through Group Source.
- Huge opportunities for career progression as our organization continues to grow.
- A leadership team dedicated to every employee' s development and success.
- Must be enrolled or registered at a post-secondary institution to qualify for funding.
- Registered in a program or course with a WIL (Work Integrated Learning) component as part of their study plan.
- Must be a full-time or part-time student.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be 19 years of age.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and processes.
- Able to multi-task efficiently.
- Willingness to perform cleaning and sanitation duties in general production areas.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of quality.
Closing remarks: We will be evaluating the ideal candidate against these three things:
1) If they are a team player with a can-do attitude.
2) If they have demonstrated the ability to grow and develop their skillset.
3) If they are inspired to innovate and continuously improve the way they do their work.
A lot of the above skills can be taught but bottom line is, we are most interested in those who have the right attitude.
Not sure if you are the right fit but still curious? Reach out, we would love to chat!
Equal opportunity Decibel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Decibel does not discriminate employer: based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and business needs.
Job Type: Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you attending post secondary school?
Are you 19 years of age or older?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-15
Expected start date: 2023-05-15