A Little Bit About Us
Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, 150 years later, we are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio, Häagen-Dazs, Boost, and Purina. Nestlé Canada supports your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment. Our aim is to create a unique career experience for talented young professionals like you. Join us to find out why, There is more to Life at Nestlé…
Business areas: Nestle Canada
Job title: Operations Analyst (Continuous Improvement) Co-op
Location: Sterling Road Factory
We are looking for an Operations Analyst Co-Op based at our Sterling Road Locations for the months of June to August 2023. We are looking for talented undergraduate seniors to join our Manufacturing team. This is your opportunity to enter the Nestlé World, gain valuable experience, grow in a vibrant global business environment and achieve your career aspirations.A day in the life of an Intern
You will obtain hands on production shopfloor experience in driving & sustaining successful change management through identifying waste in bottleneck processes while also developing the capabilities of the factory colleagues in Lean tools, processes, and thinking. You will also:
What will make you successful?
- Conduct nominal speed studies on batch processes for optimization of processes
- Create, train, coach and sustain key standard routines on bottleneck lines
- Implement & promote active use of the FI accelerators within the factory
- Support for all other implementation of World Class Manufacturing through TPM
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Conduct studies and Optimize factory processes in different functions, e.g., Supply Chain, HR
As the successful candidate, will be the champion for the brand throughout the organisation so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment.
You will also:
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student pursuing degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration (Environmental, Food, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical), Food & Nutrition, Food Science, Agriculture, Operations Management (Manufacturing).
- Maintaining a GPA of a minimum 3.0 and above is considered an asset.
- Have strong communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Has knowledge about LEAN and TPM principles
- Self-motivated, results focused, agile, innovative, and intellectually curious.
- Fast learner, and must be comfortable working within a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Open to working in factory and prior Internship or work experience in a LEAN/ TPM factory is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Power BI).
- Involvement in extracurricular activities which demonstrate initiative and leadership.
- Have the ability to build great relationships with internal stakeholders from various backgrounds and work collaboratively on multiple projects.
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this could be a move towards the exciting Engineering career you’ve always wanted.What You Need To Know
What can we offer in return? Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company. You will also receive developmental feedback throughout your work-term to ensure that you are learning and understanding the importance of Marketing within the world’s largest food company. You will also build your business acumen and leadership capabilities and support your development and long-term success.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.