Who We Are
We are a boutique Employment Law firm providing expert legal advice on all workplace matters and a professional HR Consulting firm offering clients customized approaches to managing their business issues. We are looking for a Legal and HR Administrative Assistant Intern
to support our Firm’s lawyers and HR Consultants.
Our team consists of lawyers, consultants, advisors, business professionals and next-gen leaders, inspired by a passion for the work we do. We’re here to work, learn, laugh, and grow. We take our work very seriously, but ourselves, not as much.
We are rooted strongly in our Core Values – Respect, Initiative, Passion, Excellence and Teamwork.
We do not just speak our Values, we live our values in everything we do by delivering our services with integrity and building trust with our clients.What Drives Us?
Striving for excellence is at the heart of everything we do. We’ve created a work culture that embraces an entrepreneurial mind-set and encourages our employees to grow beyond their potential. We are a collaborative group, finding fresh perspectives and new solutions by teaming up and tackling challenges head on.
We are excited for our next phase of growth and have an opportunity for you to join as our Legal and HR Administrative Assistant Intern
. You will fit right in if you believe in the power of teamwork and collaboration, deliver on your commitments, excel at out-of-the-box thinking and have the curiosity to continuously seek creative solutions.
The Legal and HR Administrative Assistant Intern
will be a self-starter, possess a strong client focused approach, be highly organized and someone who can roll up their sleeves to ensure the work gets done. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things legal, have a strong work ethic, and ability to balance multiple priorities with genuine desire to learn and grow.Requirements
- Client Intake: Intake of potential clients (assessments) and oversee the client satisfaction process on an ongoing basis.
- File & Document Management Activities: Maintain systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of all client file communications, record-keeping and filing systems. Ensuring all hard copy and electronic filing is organized and up to date.
- Service Excellence: Promote overall Business development and contribute to ongoing client satisfaction via client surveys, testimonials, google reviews, and other methods to promote visibility in the marketplace.
Accounting & Financial Oversight
- Organization & Prioritization: Effectively organize files, proactively work to understand priorities and develop plans for recurring activities; Effectively manage any follow-up and outstanding items for a lawyers’ file; manage multiple responsibilities.
- Calendar & Time Management: Effectively communicate and confirm daily calendar requirements for the firm’s lawyers, pull supporting documentation/information for meetings, and arrange appointments based on lawyer’s work preferences.
- Email Management: Apply Microsoft Outlook rules, flags and categories to manage business-related email utilizing an effective electronic folder structure; ensure emails are filed regularly.
- Project Management: Ability to execute and deliver on Projects to ensure they are in budget, scope, and timelines and develop contingency plans to overcome obstacles.
- Support for Marketing/Business Development: Utilize the Firm’s Customer Relationship Management Software to maintain client information for the purposes of business development activities.
- File Opening Procedures: Coordinating processes/requirements for new file intake.
- File Closing Procedures: Follow file purging procedures for off-site file and closing book storage.
What We Require:
- Billing: Utilize Firms accounting software to regularly bill clients on a semi-monthly basis.
- Accounts Receivable: Ensure Accounts Receivable status is up to date and regularly conduct collections using the firm’s accounting software, Clio.
- Communication: Liaising with external Accountant on a variety of billing related matters to ensure accounts are up to date and compliant with the LSO guidelines.
- A values-based individual who demonstrates Respect, Initiative, Passion, Excellence and Teamwork is required.
- Superb client service approach.
- Proven calendar management experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Legal Software (Clio) Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong organization and time management skills, able to organize work, multi-task, create detailed plans, monitor progress, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player as well as independently when required.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and/or challenges and proactively exercise judgement
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work.
- Professional, responsive, and able to build productive relationships within the Firm.
- Basic understanding of employment law fundamentals as they pertain to governing legislative bodies (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act, etc.) would be a definite asset, as would past experience in an Employment Law firm.
Rodney Employment Law is committed to your success and providing opportunities for career and professional advancement. We maintain a fun and outgoing, yet professional environment that truly values our employees.
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in Rodney Employment Law but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
(AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.