Req Id: 410966
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
The health and safety consultant will use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive safety culture in field operations. This is accomplished by working in partnership with Management and employees groups by communicating, enforcing and monitoring adherence to health and safety policies, procedures and all applicable legislation. The incumbent will also support in the plan and implement protective and preventative measures required to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries. They will support project planning and implementation of various health and safety programs as well as support process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for health and safety project delivery including but not limited to: support in setting business requirements, developing and executing training plan, communication plan and change management plans with the end goal to transform and improve the H&S tasks required by the field operations team.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on all key H&S metrics, identifying trends and acting on areas of opportunity
- Work in collaboration with our Corporate Health and Safety team to document and communicate health and safety policies and procedures;
- Audits, implements and manages the Accident Prevention Program and coaches and coordinates the participation of departments within that program;
- Conducts regular safety audits of departments, including the inspection of facilities, worksites, equipment, work practices, and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, regulations, and policy;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on all incidents and accidents and produces statistics for management and health and safety committees;
- Involved at all levels of health and safety committees and work in collaboration with union representative to promote a healthy and safe work environment along with leading initiatives to help avoid workplace accidents or injuries.
- Experience in field operations and/or experience working in unionized environment with focus on health and safety
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 or certification, an asset
- Application of statistical methods to analyze data and safety result
- Excellent skills in Word, Powerpoint and Excel (can efficiently manipulate and represent data using Pivot Tables, Vlookup function, knows charts and graphs very well)
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and able to tackle duties outside of their usual scope of work when called upon
- Multi-tasking ability, capacity to work with frequent interruption
- Solid oral and written communications skills. Bilingual, communication (spoken & written) skills would be considered an asset
- Health and Safety certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Canada Labour Code and provincial health and safety regulations, an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/17/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , London
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.